The things we'll need:
- Some coffee beans (you should be able to use pre-ground coffee as well). I used 3/4 cup of whole beans this time around, but I think I'll use a full cup next time.
- Some water, about a half-gallon (8 cups, or two quarts, or four pints, or...)
- A pitcher that can hold that much liquid with some room to spare.
- A blender (more on this later).
- Some time.
- A mesh strainer, a large bowl, and a paper towel.
- The aforementioned pitcher again.
You probably see where I'm going with this. On to the first step...
Step 1: The Daily Grind, or, How I learned to stop worrying and love my blender.
Enter the blender.
But... Will it blend? Click through the pics below to find out.
You don't need to crush them to a fine powder, but the granules should be about typical pre-ground coffee size.