Step 1: Tools and Supplies
* polytubing (see Notes on Polytubing, below)
* connectors, 2 per hoop (3/4 inch connectors for 3/4inch tubing, 1inch connectors for 1inch tubing)
* decorative tape (electrical tape works great and is available in a variety of colors)
* utility knife
* hack saw or ratcheting pvc pipe cutter
* heat gun or hair dryer
Notes on Polytubing:
* 3/4 inch 100psi or 160psi, or 1inch 100psi can all be used to make hoops. For beginners, 3/4 inch 160psi seems to work well.
* 1inch 160psi tubing is also available, but will make a very heavy hula hoop.
* Polytubing is commonly sold in 100ft rolls. This is enough for approx. 8 hula hoops.
* Tubing can be hard to find in some areas. It is mainly used for lawn sprinkler systems. Call around to big-box hardware and irrigation supply stores to save time and gas.