In the midst of homework, exams, parties, and other college distractions, finding time to hit the gym can be difficult. I've compiled a set of exercises that you can do from your dorm room. For just twenty minutes a day, you will see results from these simple exercises!
Keep in mind that is is important to make an effort to hit the gym to lift weights and perform cardiovascular exercise as well. On days when your schedule is just too packed to hit the gym for an hour, perform these exercises in your dorm and you will look and feel better!
My room is about 15' by 12'. In just this small space, you can make a difference in the way you look and feel!
Step 1: Push-Ups
- Begin with your hands at about shoulder width apart.
- Keep your hands directly beneath your shoulders.
- Your body should be in a relatively straight line from our heels to your shoulders.
- Lower your body down to the ground using your core (abs) and upper body.
- Lower your body just until your chest touches the floor.
- Now just push up with your arms, and chest muscles.
You can perform the following exercises in a circuit, performing 10 repetitions, and then moving on to the next exercise.
Don't fret if you can't do these perfectly yet. As your upper body gets stronger, you will be able to perform them cleaner and you wil be able to do more of them.