Here's an easy trick that helps me in my ongoing struggle to keep track of the million or so cords in a non-tangly way.
These could be used to keep your chargers under control or to let you identify all the cords on your power strip at a glance. The latter may keep you from accidentally unplugging your DVD player mid-movie or game console mid-level...not that I am speaking from experience or anything.
Step 1: Materials
Here's what you'll need...
- As many colors of duct tape as you like
- Hole punch
Step 2: Form Tie
To make the tie...
- For small cords (chargers, iPod cables, etc.) 4 inches covers it.
- Fold Tape into thirds
- Stick one piece of Velcro to the end of the tape
- Stick the corresponding piece of Velcro on the opposite side about 3/4 of the way down
Step 3: Create Label
To make into a label...
- Punch a hole in the tape beneath the second piece of Velcro
- Make a cut from the end of the tape to the hole
- Wrap a small piece of cut tape around one end to form a tab
- Add tiny pieces of Velcro to each side allowing the tab to open and close
- Attach to cord
- Add descriptions if you like
Thanks for checking this out!