Introduction: Coloured Marbles Frame
You might like this if you like to look at glass marbles or shiny things.
This was made with:
- 2 small picture frames from Ikea (Ribba, I think)
- 8 small wood screws
- Scraps of metal from flattened out cans
- A bunch of coloured marbles
- 2 screw eye hooks
- A piece of heavy paper or light cardboard, the size of the frames
- Masking tape
Step 1: Prepare the Frames
- Remove the cardboard backing from the frames.
- Place the frames back to back, and use the masking tape to make them into a box.
- Cut out 4 pieces of metal from an old can. Fold the sides with a vice so that you don't have jagged edges. Aim for squares or rectangles that are about 3.5 cm long. You can sand the metal to make it shiny or not.
- Tape the metal pieces to the sides of your frame box so that when they are screwed in place, they will hold the box together.
- Drill holes skinnier than your wood screws through the metal and into the wood of the frames.
- Use the masking tape and marker to number or otherwise identify which piece of metal goes at which join.
- Drill two small holes for the eyehooks in the side you want to be your top and screw in the eyehooks.
- Take apart the frame box.
Step 2: Fill the Frames and Assemble
- Place the frames on a table, glass side down.
- Gently fill each frame with marbles.
- Take the heavy paper or light cardboard and cover one of the frames. Tape the paper to the frame.
- Gently flip the covered frame over the non-covered frame.
- On each of three sides: remove tape for the paper cover, screw on the metal piece, remove any other tape.
- On the remaining side: remove the tape, slide out the paper cover and screw on the metal piece.
- Hang your beautiful marble frame.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.