Introduction: Comfrey/Nettle Tea - Plant Food
This instructable details the way I make my plant food each year for the veg garden and greenhouse. The UK weather allows me to make 3-4 batches a year.
WARNING COMFREY/NETTLE TEA SMELLS BAD AND IT LINGERS SO AVOID GETTING ON CLOTHES AND SKIN!
Its really basic you just need:
Some comfrey and some nettles
A pair of gloves
A bucket with lid
Enough water (ideally rain water) to fill the bucket
Bottles to put your finished tea (I use old milk and squash bottles washed out)
Step 1: Method
- Harvest enough comfrey and nettle mix to fill your bucket, pack it in tight.
- Fill bucket with water covering all the plant material
- Put lid on and put to one side for 3 weeks
- WARNING - IT WILL SMELL NOW
- Remove lid and using a fork or stick remove and slimy solid bits left
- Decant into bottles ready for use
- Dilute 1 part concentrated feed to 10 parts water to use.
- Enjoy the saving in buying plant food