Irish Cream White Chocolate Ricotta Pie
Yield: 10-12 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30-35 minutes
Ingredients for crust:
• 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 large egg yolk
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Ingredients for filling:
½ cup water
¼ cup sugar
8 oz white chocolate chips or bar chopped up
¾ cup ricotta
1/3 cup cream cheese, room temperature
1 large egg
2 large egg yolks
1/3 cup Irish Cream
Food writers or tinted buttercream or decorating gel writers
9 inch pie/tart pan
Step 1: Making the Crust
• Stir together butter and sugar in a medium bowl, till well incorporated
• Stir in yolk. Add flour and salt, and stir or mix with hands until mixture is dry and crumbly.
• Press dough into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
• Bake, rotating halfway through, just until crust turns golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool in dish on a wire rack.
Step 2: Making the Filling
2) Add white chocolate to a double boiler over simmering water until melted.
3) Add ricotta and cream cheese into a food processor, pulse until smooth.
4) Add egg and egg yolks, incorporating one at a time.
5) Add Irish Cream
6) Slowly drizzle in simple syrup through feeding tube.
7) Fill pie pan with filling mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes or until almost baked through (slightly jiggling in the middle)
8) Let cool on wire rack in pan. Serve at room temp or slightly chilled.