Step 1: Stuff you'll need!
You will need
- 2 Buckets - They should be 5 gallon, but I've used 2 x 2.5-3 gallon buckets. I don't yet know if this will work with buckets this small. Check your local bakery for free ones that they're throwing away. I tried that but ended up having to buy a couple cheap plastic garbage cans.
- 1 Shopping Tote - This needs to be polyester because if it's cotton, the worms will eat through it.
- A newspaper and/or plain cardboard - A regular newspaper will do. Don't use the glossy type. Strip anything non cardboard (like tape) off the cardboard.
- Some water
- Some method of drilling or puncturing holes in the buckets - a drill, knife, hammer, force of will, etc.
- A small amount of leaves and grass clippings
- Worms - I'd start small with a half a pound (500 or so) and if you need more, get more after