Materials + Supplies:
- Plastic Liners
- Base Board
- Spray Adhesive
- Rubber Gloves
- Something to Cut Foam
- 100% Silicone Caulk
- CHENG Corner and Seam Shaping Tools
- Sakrete 5000+ Concrete Mix (or similar)
- CHENG Evergreen SmartColor Pigment
- Decorative Aggregate
Step 1: Preparation
Any type of EPS (expanded polystyrene) foam will work, from styrofoam that you find in the trash, to insulating foam that you buy at a building supply store. Foam that is more dense will sand to a smoother finish. For this project, two sheets of 1" thick pink insulating foam were glued together with an adhesive made for foam. This adhesive won't melt the foam and gives a strong bond.
- Spray both sides liberally with foam-lok adhesive.
- Wait 4+ minutes and then press together.
- Check for gaps around the edge and press them together.
The main concern in this project is that the walls aren't too thin and that the piece will have room for a tea light candle at the base.