***Make sure you do not update to Cataclysm if you want to play on Private servers. If you still want to play them make sure you make a copy of your 3.3.5 client. Then update your old one.***
You will have to wait a little longer for Cataclysm Private servers. Sorry!
Step 1: Find a Server and Register.
2. Go to http://xtremetop100.com/world-of-warcraft
3. Find a server. I just chose a random server but you can pick whatever.
4. Find the "Register New Account" or whatever it says.
Step 2: Change the Realmlist.
2. Open your Data folder.
3. Open your enUS folder.
4. Locate the realmlist.wtf
5. Open the realmlsit.wtf with TextEdit.
6. Erase everything from it and insert the new one for the private server you registered for.
Step 3: Delete Your Cache.
2. Open your Cache folder.
3. Open your WDB folder.
4. Open your enUS folder.
5. Delete everything in your enUS folder.
Step 4: Connect!
1. Go back to the WoW directory.
2. Open World of Warcraft.
4. Create a character.
5. Enter the World of Warcraft!