WHAT THIS INSTRUCTABLE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO DO:
- Hook up your Xbox 360 to a computer monitor
- Get the speakers to actually play
- Hook your Xbox 360 to the internet, through your computer! (basically, wirelessly, but without having to pay $100 for an adapter)
Step 1: First Things First
Ok guys, I'm really sorry to say this, but, there are a few things you NEED to buy to do this instructable, and, they don't come cheap.
- Xbox VGA Cables. You can find them at Gamestop or EB games from $29-49. I recommend going with the $29 ones.
(ALSO! You can get them from Radioshack as well, for only $20, but, they're online only)
- Speaker with a 3.5 mm input. Ok, technically, you don't need this, but its a hell of a lot easier than finding an adapter. A clock radio that can accept an MP3 player works fine, and as you can see from the picture, Thats what I used
- A computer with a wireless internet connection (Because, if your router is that close, do you really need to hook up your 360 wirelessly?)
Step 2: Simple Part (Hooking up to the computer monitor)
Step 3: Less easy part (Hooking up to the speakers)
Step 4: Hooking it up to the internet. (it gets pretty confusing)
What you need:
- Ethernet Cable
- Computer with a wireless connection.
Step 5: Interweb connection. (Evan, skip to here)
What you're going to want to do first, is find an Ethernet Cable that will plug into your 360 (from both sides, meaning, make sure that the ethernet cable can be reversed)
Now that you have the cable, go to the back of your computer. make sure you plug it into the right one. (Which, is the one on the left, in the picture)
Step 6: Still not connected yet.
1) Go to Control Panel > Network Connections
2) Make it so that the "Network Cable" and the "Wireless Network Connection" are both highlighted.
3) Right Click > "Bridge Connections"
BAM! You got that shit on lock.