Introduction: Connecting and Transferring Files From Your DS Via FTP.
Thanks to Kevind23 for hookin' me up with the link to this.
What We're Doing:
Using a flashcart to run DSFTP, a homebrew FTP server (File Transfer Protocol), so then we can transfer the files wirelessly through a program on the computer. It means we don't need to keep removing micro/mini/whateverSD cards.
I take no responsibility for the injury, damage jadajada jada. Pretty much if you break your DS or any other objects it's not my responsibility and stuff.
Step 1: What You'll Need
What You'll Need:
- Nintendo DS
- A Flashcart* with the supported memory card.
- A wireless router
- An FTP client, I recommend FileZilla because it's open source.
*Don't know where to buy a flashcart? Don't know what the hell they are? Read my other instructable explaining them.
Still confused what FTP is? Read!
Step 2: Installation
1. Extract the contents of the DSFTP zip file to your memory card.
2. Create the following new folders: root/data/settings/ and root/data/logs/
3. Download the attached file "ftp.conf" and place in the "/settings" folder.
4. Create a blank file called "ftp.log" as seen in picture 1 and place it in the "/log" folder. Ensure that "Save as type" is set to All Files.
5. Remove your memory card and insert back into your DS.
1. Download the appropriate client for your computer.
2. Follow the directions for installation and then run the program.
Step 3: Using
Once FileZilla and DSFTP are both fired up. Look at the bottom of your DS's top screen, there will be "IP" then some numbers, the DS' IP address. Type this into "Host" in FileZilla (FZ) and remember the username and password we set before and type that into the username and password fields (duh).
Look on both the DS screen and FZ, you'll see some words popping up everywhere, give it a second and then you'll see a file listing of the memory card on your DS. From here use is pretty simple, Drag stuff from the left side (your computer) to the right (your memory card) and visa versa.
Again, any questions, I'll answer.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.