I wanted to make one of those super-trendy tea cupcakes - but I wanted to do it my way! I like Constant Comment Tea - a black tea flavored with orange and cloves, so that was my starting point
Step 1: Make the Cupcakes
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease teacups with butter.
2) In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of milk until almost boiling. Remove from heat, add 2 black tea bags and 2 Constant Comment tea bags. Cover and let stand for about 10 minutes. Wring out the tea bags into the milk and then discard the tea bags.
3) In a mixing bowl, whisk together the tea-milk, 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
4) In a separate mixing bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, pinch of salt and some orange zest.
5) Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well-blended. Pour into prepared tea cups to half-way. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Yields 6 tea cups (each tea cup is two servings).