Follow these picture steps to construct your own folding ukulele from kit. The kit is available from www.ponoko.com/showroom/chosetec.
Before you get started...
- Please thoroughly read through these instructions before building.
- Test-fit all the pieces before gluing them together.
- Note that all joints are to be glued unless otherwise specified. Pay close attention to the parts that are not to be glued.
You will need...
1) Folding Ukulele Kit, available from http://ponoko.com/showroom/chosetec
2) Wood glue (such as Titebond II or superglue)
3) Four cylindrical magnets, 0.25” diameter and 0.125” thick.
4) Sandpaper, 150 grit and 220 grit.
5) A small, flat file (like a needle file or slightly larger)
6) A set of ukulele strings (or similar gauge fishing line: 0.024”, 0.032”, 0.034”, and 0.028” diameters)
7) Two lengths of 0.25" hardwood dowel - 3.5" long and 1.75" long
Take your time and enjoy the building process, and of course enjoy your Folding Ukulele anywhere you go!
- Brian Chan
Step 1: Constructing the head
Remember to dry-fit each part before gluing them together.
Step 2: Constructing the neck (1)
Securely glue all the pieces together according to the sequence shown, after test fitting each piece.
After completing the last step on this page, flip the neck over to begin working on the fretboard.