Remember SunPrints?  The kit for creating photographic outlines of objects on that ubiquitous blue paper?  Cyanotyping, as the process is technically called, is just one of a ton of similar photographic techniques.  For example, check out this tutorial for making prints onto leaves and other plant matter!

An important piece of equipment in these processes is the contact printer, a multi-paned frame that holds objects and photo paper in place during exposure.  They are sold for hundreds of dollars, but you can make one yourself for relatively cheaply.

The contact frame below is large enough to accomodate an 11"x17" format.  I built it for a friend who wanted to experiment with alternative photography techniques.  I can't wait to see what she does with it!
Nice work. I am normally not into this kind of stuff, but I will have to try this.

About This Instructable




More by calischs:Repair Stripped Screw Holes Tie-Dye Whities Designer Vases from Styrofoam Cups 
Add instructable to: