On this instructable you will see how to power some LEDs spinning in a bike wheel without any battery. This project is very similar to another one previously presented (https://www.instructables.com/id/Contactless-dynamo-powering-bike-safety-lights/
), with the difference that now the coils and the LEDs are spinning and the magnet holds still.What you will need:
- 3 relay coils (I had some with 200 and others with 600 windings);
- 1 HD magnet;
- 3 diodes (general purpose diodes are ok, I used 1n5818 schottky for the low voltage drop);
- 18 blue LEDs (you may use how many you want or even other colors - white is also cool).For the continuous mode just add:
- 1 capacitor (4700uF seemed fine, you could test some other values);
- 1 switch to be able to choose between modes.