How many times have you pulled out of your driveway and gotten ten minuets down the road only to begin second guessing if you actually closed your garage or not? Problem solved! With this instructable you can check if your garage is closed or open and close or open it your self from anywhere in the world... Lets get started!
Step 1: Materials
The great part about this project is that if you're surfing instructables.com you probably already have most of the parts required!
- Bread board
- Jumper Wire
- Alligator Clips
- Small Diode (I used a 12V, 21mA one this should be fine as long as your garage door opener isn't running on a car battery)
- NPN Transistor (I used a 2N2222 but might vary a little based on your garage door opener)
- Small switch (I harvested this from an old printer)
- Arduino (I used a mega but any will work)
- Ethernet shield (Mine is from Seeedstudios)
- A garage door opener that works with your garage