You've Seen many cool gadgets on news like, controlling robot.
I've been pretty shaken up with that one. So after some 6 months of research, I made my own!
All the parts cost me less then 100$! Thats cool isn't it?Materials:
- 1 MindFlex - 50$ <= Got mine from EBay!
- 1 Arduino Microcontroller <= Visit the official Aruino Site Here!
- Some Wires <= Duh! I got it from my old mashed up computer...
- A Personal Computer <= Everyone has it. Right?
- Some time
Software & Files:
- Arduino GUI <= Download Right Here!
- Arduino Brain Example Code <= Download at the bottom!
- Soldering Iron <= You'll need it.
- Hot Glue gun <= Not REALLY needed, but we have to secure wires right?
- Drill <= Not really needed, its used to make a hole so wire can go through the case
- Other tools (Pliers, Wire Cutters, Wire Strippers, etc.) <= This will help ya!
Well, Thats about it! Lets move on!
Step 1: Prepare Your Arduino Software!
First, Make sure your arduino is connected to your computer with USB connector and
the Arduino GUI is installed.
I will assume that you already had experiance with uploading code into your arduino. If not, Check This guide!
When thats done, Open up the downloaded 'Brain' folder and click'Examples'. Then you will see 2 folders
For now, We will use the program 'BrainSerialOut'. So open the folder and Double-Click the
'BrainSerialOut.pde' file and upload it into your Arduino.
Thats all the software you will need!! :D
Helpful Notes: The 'Brain.cpp' and 'Brain.h' is a library for this program. Make sure the
'BrainSerialOut.pde' file is in the same folder with 'Brain.cpp' and 'Brain.h' or else it wont work.