Introduction: Control Anything With Ps2 Controller and Arduino (wirelessly)
In this instructable you will learn how to control a led with a playstation 2 controller and an Arduino, but you can basically control anything you want.
Step 1: Materials
You will need:
ps2 controller (wireless or not)
3x 1k resistors
2x 4.7uf capacitors
1x 10k resistor
1x lm2950 voltage regulator
1x zvn4602a mosfet
4x 1n4148 diodes
Step 2: Creating the Connection Cable
1) Cut off the male end of the cable (the one with pins, not holes).
2) with a continuity tester find out which pin corresponds to which cable as seen on the image.
Step 3: Make the Circuit and Connect It to an Arduino
1) Connect the J5 (Attention (Atn)) to pin 10
2) Connect the J6 (Command (Cmd) to pin 11
3)Connect the J8 Data to pin 12
4) Connect the J7 Clock (Clk) to pin 13
Step 4: Led
Attach the led to pin 7 and ground
Step 5: Software
1) copy the attached file to your arduino libraries folder
2) open the example file and upload it to your arduino
Step 6: Serial Monitor
you can also watch the buttons you press by opening serial monitor and setting the port to 57600
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.