The results I wanted were:
- a method of controlling various lights and appliances in my home that did not have switches or wiring due to my home being so old.
- a wireless security system that is safe but easy to install and can call out with a recorded message to inform me or intruders.
Actual areas needing a solution:
Wireless Security System
A wireless system that detects if doors or windows are opened or any movement occurs within the secured area.
- Security Kit (windows sensors, door sensors, horn modules, arm/disarm remotes, security console with call out function, motion detectors, lamp modules)
Wireless Motion detector
A wireless motion detecting system for the front and side of my house that would detect motion from any direction and turn on various lights in the front and side of the house. This system should also be controllable from the security system and wireless controllers.
- x10 ActiveEye motion detectors for each direction you want to detect movement.
- Security Console
- 3 way wall switch.
Various x10 lighting and appliance control
Light switches that actually replace the typical light switches for controlling lights throughout the house. The x10 switches can then be controlled by either pressing the button on the switch or setting up a wireless wall switch with a transceiver and controlling wirelessly. Lamp modules can be used to allow lighting control in areas where there are no wall switches (in my case, rooms that were not wired in that way).
- 2 and 3 way wall lighting switches
- Lamp or appliance modules
- Wireless wall switches
Software to control all x10 devices.
This software is installed on a central PC or server and communicates with a USB x10 module that can control all other x10 devices and provide a web based console to view your homes status remotely.
- usb wireless x10 control (CM15A)
- ActiveHome Professional software and plugins for controlling security, providing the web console.