In this instructable i will show how to simulate NAO robot in Gazebo simulator and Robot Operating System (ROS). ROS is an open source framework for development and research in robotics. It provide rich set of tools and libraries for building and simulating robots. NAO is a humanoid developed by Aldebaran Robotics and is one of the top humanoids in world.
Step 1: Install ROS Indigo in Ubuntu
For installing ROS Indigo in ubuntu visit the following link:
Step 2: Setup NAO SDK's and Required Installation
Step 3: Install Xbox 360 Driver for ROS
- Install the Xbox 360 controller driver for ROS from http://wiki.ros.org/joy
- Get the list of controller connected by - ls /dev/input
- For my case it is /dev/input/js1
Step 4: Launch Gazebo Simulator With NAO Robot
For launching NAO robot in gazebo simultor, run the following in terminal
- roslaunch gazebo_naoqi_control nao_gazebo.launch
set ROS parameter to js1 so that it connectes to Xbox controller when you run the node Joy.
- rosparam set joy_node/dev /dev/input/js1
- rosrun joy joy_node
Then, run the control_nao_hands.py by,
- python control_nao_hands.py