With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
- Not a fan of candelabra bulbs so I decided to modify this touch activated lamp from Bed Bath and Beyond with the purchase of only one part ...
- Unscrew bulb - Unscrew black plastic circular part holding shade inin
- Peel away black/felt material (careful as we would like to reuse this) - Remove bolt - Remove base and washer
- Use any means necessary to remove plastic socket - See how I broke it piece by piece - Technically it unscrews but the plastic was too brittle
- Remove wiring and touch related components from bottom opening - Clip green ground and remove remaining wires from lamp - Clip black cord wires away from electronics ...
- Screw bottom portion of the socket onto the lamp - Thread wires up to bottom portion of the socket. Note how I use that protective sleeve. It ...
- Reinstall base, washer and bolt - Put felt bottom back in place (mines still sticky) - Install shade, screw in bulb (make sure metal of shade does ...
Parts used: - GE Push on off socket (52205 / UPC 043180641083) - Lamp was from Bed Bath and Beyond (not sure exact model) - Electrical tape Tools: ...
Halogen to Fluorescent Torchiere Lamp Conversionby wperry1
hair dryer lamp conversionby timsway
Halogen lamp to HID hackby GREENPOWERSCIENCE
Another bottle lamp.by ARGMISTER
Lead glass Touch Lamp Conversionby hendrixma
Join 2 million + to receive instant inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »
Already a member? Login »
That's a pro feature!
Want to go pro?
First step is to sign up.
By clicking "Sign me up!" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member?" Login »