Enjoy! Be safe, remove all electrical sources first and know that this was for my personal use and I am not an electrician etc.
Step 1: Remove Bulb And Shade
- Unscrew black plastic circular part holding shade inin
Step 2: Remove Bottom Cover
- Remove bolt
- Remove base and washer
Step 3: Remove Light Socket
- See how I broke it piece by piece
- Technically it unscrews but the plastic was too brittle
Step 4: Prep For New Socket
- Clip green ground and remove remaining wires from lamp
- Clip black cord wires away from electronics (note which wire is hot/attached to the red internal wire, this info is used later)
- I needed some more leeway so I untied the knot in the cord, pulled in more of the cord and retied it (keeping a knot is a good idea as it helps prevent strain on the connections to the new socket once its installed)
Step 5: Install New Socket
- Thread wires up to bottom portion of the socket. Note how I use that protective sleeve. It helps prevent wear and possibly a future short.
- Strip away some of the wire to connect to the terminals.
- Screw in to respective terminals (hot to colored screw in this case - check instructions that came with your socket)
- The electrical insulator of choice with not socket is only cardboard. That doesn't sit well with me so I'll be adding some electrical tape - Install top portion of socket. Pull excess wire into base
- Install bulb and test.