I have recently had my bike taken apart and resprayed.
I am trying to learn more about bike mechanics as I reassemble it, with the help of my bike mechanic beau.
I never got on with the gears on the bike before the respray, so I have decided to turn the bike into a single speed machine.
This Instructable covers the following:
- Installing bottom brackets (the cylindrical shaped part that goes through the frame and allows the cranks to spin.)
- Installing the cranks (the bits between the bottom bracket and the pedals.)
- Installing pedals (hope you know what pedals are)
- Installing a single speed conversion kit.
You will need these tools:
- 5mm Allen key
- 8mm Allen key
- Flat bladed screwdriver or chain ring bolt tool
- Bottom bracket spline tool
- Large adjustable spanner
- Pedal spanner
- Chain tool
- Cassette lock ring tool
- Bike grease
These are specialist bicycle tools, if you don't have them, look for a community bicycle workshop in your area.