For those program in java must have always wanted to convert their jar or class files to windows executables.There are many tools available for converting jar or class to exe but none of them worked for me.So I found out a way to convert them to exe without any tools(except WINRAR).We will make a .bat file compress the jar or class with bat and convert it to SFX. Here I am converting jguid to exe.
Step 1: About the Program We Are Converting
Java Gui Designer(JGuiD)is a graphical user interface designer for java with a special feature WYSIWYG(what you see is what you get).you will be able to see at design time, the exact same thing as you get when the generated source is executed.
Java Gui Designer was inspired by the project called "The GART"
in Sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/gart/)that is why interface in some places may look similar to "the gart" but JGuiD is entirely different from "THE GART". JGuiD implements a graphical designer for java with a special feature WYSIWYG(what you see is what you get). you will be able to see the exact samething as you get when the generated source is executed, at the time of designing it self.
Download JGuiD from : https://sourceforge.net/projects/jguid
Features : -----------
1. The main features of JGuiD is WYSIWYG(what you see is what you get) for which you will like It the most.
2. Provides a clean and easily understandable interface, that will take no time for getting used to.
3. Provides Keyboard shortcuts for all the action .
4. Dynamic reflection of properties changed on to the screen .
5. You will be able to move and resize a component .
6. The generated output java source code will be neatly indented .
7. Allows you to save your work and restore it later.
8. The Project files are stored in simple CSV file format.
9. The Project files can be manually edited but take care that you list all properties for the component (see a project file for reference).
The program has a class file which is main and is first executed.The folder already has a BAT file which when we click,runs the main class file.
Step 2: Making the Batch File
Open the the folder in which the file(s) are(there may be many or 1 file). Open notepad and write:
Now click Save as & type the name as run.bat(you can name the file as any other name but the extension must be .bat). Save them in the folder where the file(s) are. In my case there was already the batch file.So I did nod need to make it. Now open the run.bat. Your java program will start.
Step 3: Compressing the Files
Select all the files in the folder and right click. There will be an option:
add to folder_name.rar
Click it. Open the RAR file.
Step 4: Making the SFX
In the rar file select COMMENT. Enter the following:
Now select SFX. Click O.K. The file will be saved in the folder that we were using. Run the file. Your exe is ready. You can change the icon logo and other things by clicking advanced options in the SFX menu(See 3rd image in this step.)
Thanks for reading.This was my first instructable so please rate share and comment.