Step 1: What You Will Need
Cookies outside wrapping:
- 1 Batch of fresh baked ( not frosted ) sugar or butter cookies. Please read foot note.
- Wax paper
- Miniature clothes pin
- Various sizes of buttons
Please note: This type of wrapping can be done for any light weight gift.
Step 2: Jute Tie
- Estimate how long you need the jute tie to wrap around the center of the gift.
- Make a slip knot in the jute.
- Pull the loop open large enough to go over the puff at the top.
- Set aside until we wrap the gift.
Step 3: Wax Paper
- Roll out the wax paper allowing plenty to make the top portion ( puff ). I cut mine slightly short at 20 inches.
- Place the gift in the center of the wax paper.
- Fold one long edge of the wax paper over the gift top and tape the wax paper to the top of the gift.
- Fold the remaining long edge of the wax paper over the gift top and turn it under 1 inch for a nice edge.
- Tape the wax paper to the top of the gift.
- Gently pull up the sides.
- Carefully pull the wax paper to the center of the gift arranging the ends to form the puff.
- Slip the jute over the puff at the top and pull the jute strands.
- Tie the strands into a bow.
- Glue several buttons on the clothes pin
- Clip the clothes pin to the center of the jute bow.
Step 4: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
Thank you for stopping by and do have a wonderful holiday season!