Step 1: Supplies
- Several small home baked cookies
- 1 Plastic bottle
- 1 Ribbon 12 inches long
- 1 Pen
- 1 Colored marker
- 1 Large button or embellishment for the lid
- 1 Small scrap of foam piece
- Pinking scissors optional
- Glue and glue gun
Step 2: Preparations
- Cut the bottle the height you will need for your gift item.
- Wash the ribbon, bottle top, and foam with soapy water.
- Dry with a towel.
Step 3: Bottom
- Set the bottle top over the foam piece and draw a circle around it.
- Cut out the circle using scissors or the pinking scissors.
Step 4: Cookie Ties
- Lay out the ribbon on the table
- Center a stack of the cookies (with the cookies bottom side up) over the ribbon
- Overlap the ribbon as shown
- Cross the ties as shown
- Flip the cookies
- Tie the ribbon in a bow
Step 5: Glue Bottom/ Button
- Place the cookie stack over the foam circle.
- Bead a strand of glue around the edges.
- Press the bottle over the glue and press.
- Stick some glue on the lid.
- Center the button over the bottle top.
Step 6: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
For the elderly I give them my extra condiments. A lot of times they run out of things and must depend upon family or friends to pick up groceries for them. The elderly also have trouble with things spoiling because they can't seem to eat it up fast enough. This gives them single servings with no waste. They appreciate the thoughtfulness.
Thanks for stopping by and I invite you to stop in again soon. I am working on a few Instructables that might interest you!
Have a magical day!