Step 1: Supplies Needed
- Cookies made from your favorite sugar cookie recipe
- Cupcake cookie cutter
- Heart cookie cutter (slightly smaller than the cupcake cookie cutter)
- Red or pink food coloring
- Royal icing in white and brown
- White sugar pearls
- Icing bags or bottles, couplers, and a #3 decorating tip
- Rainbow disco dust
- Clear almond extract
- Two small, clean (used for baking only) painting brushes
Step 2: Make and Cut Your Dough
Add a small amount of red food coloring to the dough you separated out for the hearts. Knead the dough together until the red food coloring is blended throughout, creating pink cookie dough. Add more food coloring a little bit at a time if needed.
Once your dough is the pink color you are after, roll out the dough to your desired cookie thickness and cut out the hearts.