Introduction: Cool Glue Gun Indicator
Most Hot Glue guns don't have any Power indicator.
And it can be risky to leave a powered on Hot Glue-gun open for a long time, accidentally...!!
Recently bought a Glue-Gun & I was thinking about the power indicator.
You can Drill a hole on the gun and put an AC indicator in it...
But, There is a cool way to place it. Also Simple way to make it.
Step 1: Tools & Parts
Tools you Need:
- Soldering Iron
- Wire Stripper, Cutter
Parts / Components you need:
- Mini bright LED (Blue/ Red/ Green)
- Resistor - 100K 2W
- Diode - 1N4007
- Heat Shrink Tube / Insulation Tape
- Clear Tape
Step 2: Circuit Setup & Installation
Open Glue Gun:
- At first Open the Front Stand by little pressure.
- Remove all screws from the glue gun body.
- Pull up the Upper case.
- Now you can see all the inner circuit & mechanism.
- Do not cut the long pins of LED, It'll help to set the circuit in small space.
- Solder the Diode (+) & LED (-) pins.
- Solder the Resistor with LED (+) pin.
- For Help, See Diagram.
- Solder, two long wires to the Diode & Resistor ends.
- The, Insulate the open parts with Shrink Tube or Tapes firmly.
- Now the Indicator circuit is complete.
Install Circuit in the Gun:
- Set the LED under the Glue stick, and attach it on the Slide with a Clear Tape.
- Bend & pass the Wire under the Trigger, to the main power Joint.
- Join the wires with Glue-Gun AC Connections.
- Tape those wires on the cover, so they can't move later.
- After that, Put the upper Gun-Cover Back, Screw it & set the Front Stand.
- Mission COMPLETE.
Step 3: Finished Work & Extra Infos
After Completing, Check it...
- If the Light is low, try to decrease the Resistor Value.
- If the light is not working, check the parts separately.
- When Placing a new Glue-Stick, Keep eyes on the LED, not to touch it.
- DO NOT USE IT LIKE A NIGHT LAMP...!!! :P
If there is any Question, or Problem in my Steps, Please inform me.
This is my first Inscrutable. Hope you will Enjoy it.
Thank You... :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.