The following technique is easily adapted to suit your requirements.
No expensive equipment required.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- glass or stone drop of your choice. The technique described is suitable for stones of varying sizes and shapes
- 16 gauge wire. I used pure copper wire for this project, but you could substitute with different wire if you prefer. I order wire from www.beadaholique.com. there are also several suppliers on Etsy.
- 24 gauge wire. This is the thinner wire for wrapping.
- 2 jump-rings in the same material you used as wire. You could also make these yourself from the 16 gauge wire.
- Round-nosed pliers
- flat-nosed pliers
- Measuring tape
- Renaissance Wax. This is an anti-tarnish protection wax. You do not need this if you are using enameled wires or non-tarnish wires. Pure copper does tarnish, so renaissance wax is recommended to keep your copper clean for longer. Tarnished items can be easily cleaned with metal-polishes like Brasso or similar.