I decided to use very small containers, which I found in the form of powdery makeup for little girls at a local dollar store. If you want to go smaller, perfume sample vials may be used. If you want to go larger, baby food jars may work.
As a minimum, you will need an assortment of NiChrome wire, which can be purchased online from various vendors since it is the primary mechanism for converting electrical energy into heat. Everything else assists in getting power to the container and in distributing the heat.
Step 1: Size Dowel
- The container be made of glass so that it's resistant to corrosive liquid -AND- has good thermal conductivity.
- The dowel is made of hardwood since lots of tension will be present with the nichrome wire.
Step 2: Make Pattern
- Trace the dowel along its circumference.
- Use a right-angle to draw a tangent on two edges of a circle.
- Use a right-angle to complete the square around the circle.
- Draw a line from opposite corners of the square.