- 4 Portabello Caps cleaned and gills removed.
- 1 cup of Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Blend ( A mixture of Israeli Style Couscous, Orzo, Baby Garbanzo Beans, and Red Quinoa)
- 1 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped portabello mushrooms
- 1 Tbs or to taste of Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 Tbs of dried chopped garlic
- spray oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cook Couscous according to package directions using vegetable broth instead of water. Add to the water the chopped peppers, onions, mushrooms, steak seasoning, and garlic.
- Prepare mushroom caps by spraying lightly with oil, lightly sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- When the Couscous has cooked (approximately 10 minutes) spoon it into the portabello caps
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Top with cheese or daiya if you like before serving.
* you could also add nutritional yeast to the couscous mixture before spooning into the caps for a nuttier, Parmesan taste.