Introduction: Crab Masala
My mom used to make Crab Masala and I used to love it. A few weeks back, I found fresh crab in the market and suddenly remembered this dish so thought of making. I had a hard time cleaning it but it was kinda fun too.
I have made this dish in the Indian style. It tastes so delicious. You could serve this dish with dosa/crepe or hot steamed white rice.
Please do try it and let me know your thoughts. Thank you.
Step 1: Ingredients and Preparation Steps
- Cleaned and chopped crab - 2 big size
- Chopped Onion - 1 Cup
- Chopped Tomato - 1/2 Cup
- Curry Leaves - 10
- Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Whole Black Pepper - 10
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Sesame Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add curry leaves, whole black pepper, cumin seeds and ginger garlic paste.
- Add onions and cook till it turns pinkish.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they are half cooked.
- Once the mixture cools down, blend it to a fine paste.
- Mix the paste with the crab and add water. Cook on high.
- Suddenly,, I felt, cooking in a pressure cooker would be easier so I transferred the mixture into a cooker and cooked for about 4-5 whistles.
- Open the cooker once it cools down. Serve and enjoy.
- You could serve it with hot steamed white rice and it tastes delicious.
Thank you for reading my instructable.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.