Apple, Inc., Makers of the Mac/Apple computers are THE biggest online music seller. EVERYONE buys from Apple! When you buy Music in the Online Apple store, all the music that is downloaded is protected by an algorithm known as DRM. DRM prevents you from sharing your files. It pretty much forces people to buy music, instead of getting it from a friend, because DRM lock songs to one computer only.
This instructable will show you two methods of cracking and removing the DRM protection on itunes songs.
Step 1: The CD method - Intoduction
It works some times, but not all the time, depending on what version of iTunes you have.
Step 2: The CD Method- Procedure
2) Get a blank CD
3) Put the songs that you want on a playlist
4) Burn the playlist
5) Import the playlist back into iTunes
6) Check to see if the DRM is gone, and if the file is now an mp3
Step 3: The Program Method - Introduction
It's the program method.
What this program does is it automatically changes the songs that you select from DRM written to .mp3 files.
It's very simple and easy.
It's called myFairTunes.
The following link is where you can download it.
Step 4: The Program Method - Using the program
1) Choose the file that you'd like to convert by choosing the names on the left
2) Choose a location where you would like the files to be saved to by clicking the "..." button on the right
3) Click Start Conversion
4) Wait for it to convert all the files
5) Import the songs into iTunes!