If you've been looking for a quick snack to eat lately, and you just happen to like jalapenos, then you've come to the right place!!! This is an amazing, quick snack that I discovered from a friend and instantly fell in love with. Anyway, concealed in this 'ible is the secrets (they're not really secrets but to make it sound more epic, lets call them secrets... ;) to making an amazing jalapeno, cracker, and cheese snack.
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPICINESS!!! PLEASE MOVE ON (and leave a vote for me while your at it) IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF SPICY. AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, PROCEED WITH CATION... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED... ;)
had to get that over with...
Step 1: Gathering Your Ingredients
To make this scrumptious snack, you are going to need the following foods:
- Some kind of crackers: I highly recommend wheat Thins, as those have been my favorite out of all the crackers that I've tried so far
- Cheese: I use cheddar cheese, and the only type of cheddar that I like with this is sharp cheddar cheese, so that's what I use and recommend
- Pickled Jalapenos: They can be in a jar or in a can, I prefer them in a jar, but the ones I use were in a can
As a side note, I used a couple of mason jars to put the jalapenos in after I opened the can, so you might want a couple of those handy.
Step 2: Jaring the Jalapenos*
Now you just need to open up your can of jalapenos. Once it's open, then you can transfer the jalapenos into a mason jar for storing. This step is quite self explanatory... Once in the mason jar, you can refrigerate your jalapenos if you like.
*This is unnecessary if you got jarred jalapenos to start off with... Its actually really completely optional, but recommended
Step 3: Cutting the Cheese
Once again, another self explanatory step. All you really need to do is get your block of cheese, open it, and then cut a few slices from it. If you want, you can cut it into the size of the crackers. Once done cutting, you can easily store your cheese by getting a plastic sandwich bag, and just putting it over the open end of the block, then refrigerate your cheese.
Oh... and uh, try not to cut yourself... it hurts
Step 4: Putting Your Snack Together
Now, for the good part... The construction of this delicacy.
- Get a cracker, and lay it down
- Add a slice of cheese that is cut about the size of the cracker, and lay it on top of the cracker
- The best Part!!!! ADD THE JALAPENOS!!!!
You can also make a nice plate of this, just add some cheese, crackers, and a bowl of jalapenos to a plate and set it out for you and your friends, or... maybe just for you, either way, it's always good...