Introduction: Cranberry Galette
Cranberry Galette is a free form tart. The pastry is soft and flaky in texture. The filling is sweet and sour taste. In every bite you can feel the crunchiness of walnuts. Overall, It is an easy an tasty dessert.
I served this dessert with a scoop of vanilla icecream. It was taste so good.
Serve : 8
Step 1: Ingredients for Filling
2 cup Cranberry (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1/3 cup Dark brown sugar
1/3 cup walnuts
Step 2: Filling Preparation
Wash and pat dry the cranberries with paper towel.
chop the cranberries and walnuts and set aside.
Take cranberries in bowl, add sugar and brown sugar. Stir it well with spoon and close the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside.
Step 3: Ingredients for Pastry
1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tbsp Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp of cold water
2 tbsp of Milk or table cream for brushing the dough.
Step 4: Make Dough & Refridgerate It for 30 Minutes
1. Take flour, salt and sugar. Whisk until all combined well.
2. Add cold butter cubes, Mix it using fork or hand, until it resembles wet sand.
3. Add a tablespoon at a time, mix well using hand.
4. Keep adding water and knead until the dough becomes right consistency.
5. Cover the bowl with lid or plastic wrap or transfer the dough into Zip-lock plastic bag and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Step 5: Roll Out the Dough
1. Remove dough from refridgerator to a flour coated work surface. Roll the dough using rolling pin about 12 inch in all sides.
2. Gently transfer the rolled dough to the baking pan lined with baking sheet.
Step 6: Free Form Tart Preparation
Preheat oven to 400 F.
1. Add cranberry filling in the centre of dough. Evenly spread the filling over the pastry sheet and leave 2 inch gap in border.
2. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the filling.
3. Gently fold the edges of pastry sheet over filling.
4. Brush with table cream or milk, around the edges of the pastry sheet and sprinkle some granulated sugar on it.
Step 7: Bake It Up and Serve! YUM YUM YUM....
Bake it for about 25 to 30 minutes or the edges of the pastry turn to nice golden brown colour.
Remove it from oven and move it wire rack to cool down.
Sift powder sugar on edges of pastry and serve with whipped cream or any choice of fav icecream..