This wacky numbers clock is what I chose to make for the gift exchange. I followed the methods laid out in fungus amungus'
s instructions in Make a Cut-Out Valentine's Day Card
to lay out the numbers in Illustrator. I used several different fonts and sizes for the numbers, and made some into outlines for an eclectic look. Then I used the Epilog laser cutter to cut it out of 1/4" acrylic.
I designed some clock hands and cut them out of 1/4" mirrored acrylic. I attached these to a store-bought clock mechanism, and used washers cut out of the same acrylic to keep the hands spaced apart. I finished off the hands with another circle cut out of mirrored acrylic, and offset from center to add to the lopsided feeling of the finished piece.
I hope Gorfram
enjoys her new clock! I sure had fun making it :D