Step 2: The print this page only page
Cream Cheese french toast bake
1/2 cup All-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup milk or cream little of both
1 Tlbs sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Loaf of French Bread cut into chunks (Or other day old bread any kind)
4 oz package of cream cheese or Neufchatel Cheese
1 cup fresh or frozen(thawed) blueberries (or some other fruit black berries, raspberries, Snozberries, apple chunks, rhubarb, ect)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped Walnuts nuts
Syrup (maple, flavored, Honey, sticky stuff)
1. Cut Bread into 1 inch cubes the original recipe called for french bread but as luck would have it none was on the discount rack. old bread is better you want it stale
2. Put cut bread into a pan and place in warm oven until stale (this whole recipe will come out soggy if you forget this step)
3. Get mean beat those eggs Blender works well for this add milk, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt
4. Mix egg mixture and bread. You could toss them in a bowl or just poor the egg mixture over the bread in a 9x11 baking pan.
5. Toss on blueberries. Sprinkle on the nuts. Cut or scoop cream cheese blobs on.
6. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
7. Wake up one hour early heat oven to 400o F. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 min or until golden brown and egg is set
8. Serve with powered Sugar and Syrup.