Introduction: Cream of Asparagus Soup With Bleu Cheese and Pecans
Cream of asparagus soup takes a classic spring farmer's market find and turns it into a comfort food. Bleu cheese and pecans compliment mellow asparagus, bringing out its creamy texture when blended. Generous amounts of cream bring the dish together.
Cream of Asparagus Soup with Bleu Cheese and Pecans
1 pound asparagus
2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup bleu cheese
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1. Cut the rough ends off the asparagus stalks. Discard. Quarter the remaining stalks of asparagus.
2. Add to a stock pot with the vegetable stock and salt. Bring to a simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Put the entire mixture into the blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Return the soup to the pot. When slightly cool, stir in the cream.
5. Serve. Garnish each bowl with a tablespoon of bleu cheese and pecans.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.