Introduction: Creamy Potato and Leek Soup
Potato and leek soup is a traditional creamy summer soup to enjoy hot or cold.
With the addition of white kidney beans, or cannellini beans, this leek and potato soup has a melt in your mouth creamy texture. The bite of the leeks and crisp thyme add a straight from the garden flavor.
This soup is made for chowder-lovers and those seeking to beat the heat. Try it hot or cold on a summer night. Try it garnished with more chopped thyme or chives, or a dollop of sour cream.
Creamy Potato Leek Soup
24 oz. baby gold Yukon potatoes
16 oz. frozen leeks, cleaned and cut (Trader Joe’s)
15 oz. can of white kidney (cannellini) beans
1 quart chicken stock, divided
3 T. mayonnaise
4 leaves of sage
2 sprigs of thyme (not pictured)
2 t. sea salt
½ t pepper
1. Boil the potatoes in chicken stock in a large stock pot. Reserve a cup of chicken stock for the blender. Boil until soft but firm, about 15 minutes.
2. Add the remaining chicken stock, leeks, white kidney beans, mayonnaise, sage, thyme, sea salt, and pepper to the blender.
3. Blend until smooth. Reserve until the potatoes are done.
4. Pour half the blender contents into a large bowl. Add half the potatoes and cooking stock into the blender with the leek-bean mixture and pulse until just smooth.
5. Transfer the blended soup to a large bowl.
6. Repeat the process with the second half of the blender contents and cooked potatoes. Add the finished soup to the large bowl.
7. Using a spatula, transfer the finished soup to the original stock pot. Reheat and serve warm.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.