To see all the pictures (and see all of the steps) you MUST register for a FREE account on this site.
Once logged in you can click on each picture for a larger version with instructions.)
There are many options out there for using NON-Nike+ shoes with your Nike+ sensor and iPod.
From pouches to a ziploc bag, all of the helpful hints out there do everything except replicate the original intent of using a hole in the foam section of the shoe under the sole.
This tutorial will teach you to create a Nike+ sensor hole in whatever brand shoe you have.
This example is for my wife's Asics which she likes much more than her Nike+ running shoes.
There are a lot of steps in this tutorial for the sake of explanation, but the process is fairly simple.
Credits - To Brian Devane for giving me MacGyver skills when I was just a wee lad,
which I needed to pull off such a project.
Step 1: Things You Will Need
1. The Nike+ Sensor Kit (UNOPENED... this is VERY important)
2. The left shoe of your favorite pair of running shoes
3. A Box Cutter or Utility Knife (With a new blade preferably)
4. Scissors (for cutting paper)
5. A Dremel tool with a sanding bit.