Step 22: Gardening Tip 16 out of 16
Gardening Tip 16: Fertilize in a Tub
Many potted plants and hanging baskets are in near constant need of fertilizer, and fertilizing them can be tricky. The fertilizer and water can run out. The plant might get too much or too little. It's hard to know what to do with left over fertilizing solutions. Stuff. However, a tub makes the process much simpler.
- Fill a tub with a diluted solution of fertilizer and water.
- Place the plant in the tub to absorb the solution for a few minutes.
- Remove plant and place near a landscape plant that also needs fertilizer.
- Return plant to its spot.
- Fertilize remaining landscape plants with the remaining solution.