We decided to dress up like Nintendo characters for a music video, so we needed a mushroom hat so that our drummer could be Toad. This project only took a few hours and was all created with stuff we already had lying around in closets, unused. The perfect project to compliment your spring cleaning!
Step 1: Gather Materials
Materials we used:
- A cowboy hat: we used an old straw one I had lying around
- A large sheet of cardboard: dependant on how large you'd like the hat to be. Thicker is better, as it will provide much needed stability.
- Red and white fabric: we used old t-shirts originally, but ended up commandeering a white linen pillowcase for a more professional look, though this isn't totally necessary. White t-shirts without too much logo would also do.
- Strips of foam: (not pictured here) to provide the structure of the sides of the hat
- Plastic grocery bags: used for stuffing the hat
Tools: (Nothing major)
- Exacto knife
- Fabric glue