Introduction: Create a NOR Gate!
Step 1: Materials
- Twelve 10Kohm resistors
- Eight NPN transistors
- Lots of small jumper wires
- A Breadboard to assemble it on
10Kohm resistors are not essential. What I mean by that is that you may substitute them for different resistors. Any combination of resistors with a value between 4.7 Kohms and 100 Kohms will work in this project.
Step 2: The Schematic
The Schematic of a NOR gate is shown above, as well as the schematic of a generic Quad NOR Gate IC. The latter is rather big, so I have manually inserted it below.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
The function of a NOR gate is as follows:
- When both inputs A and B are LOW, our NOR gate outputs a 1 (HIGH state)
- If either A or B is HIGH, our NOR gate outputs a 0 (LOW state)
- And finally, if both inputs A and B are HIGH, our NOR gate will output a 0 (LOW state)
Full sized image below:
With these schematics, you can build one NOR gate, or two thousand!
Be creative, and share some pictures of your own!
Step 3: NOR Gate Uses...?
There are tons of uses for NOR gates.
One of the most famous of which is using two of them to make one bit of memory (as seen above)
There are tons of uses for nor gate and the only limit is what you can think of.
Share a picture of your NOR gates in action in the comment section below!
Step 4: GREAT UTILITIES
Step 5: ===PDF File===
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.