Introduction: Create an Access Control System With an 4x3 Keypad & RFID-RC522!
Make your own Access Control System by using a RFID-RC522 mifare reader in combination with an 4x3 membrane keypad!
What's the different between the already existing tutorials?
- Multiple mifare cards
- Reading out the UID number and program this UID in the Arduino
- Six or four digit Pincode's
- The combining of a UID number with an Pincode.
- Detecting wrong Pincode's
- Setting up an Timelimit for entering Pincode.
In this article, I will show you how to create it!
Read this tutorial or watch the youtube video :)
Step 1: Project Materials
Step 2: Function Diagram
All steps are shown in the function diagram.
The video will explain every step :)
Step 3: Wiring Diagram
- Arduino 3.3V - RC522 3.3V
- Arduino GND - RC522 GND
- Arduino A3 - Red LED (+)
- Arduino A4 - Green LED (+)
- Arduino A5 - Buzzer (+)
- Arduino GND - Breadboard (-)
- Breadboard (-) - Red LED (-)
- Breadboard (-) - Green LED (-)
- Breadboard (-) - Buzzer (-)
- Arduino Pin 13 - RC522 SCK
- Arduino Pin 12 - RC522 MISO
- Arduino Pin 11 - RC522 MOSI
- Arduino Pin 10 - RC522 SDA
- Arduino Pin 9 - RC522 RST
- Arduino Pin 8 - Keypad Pin 3 (Black)
- Arduino Pin 7 - Keypad Pin 2 (Blue)
- Arduino Pin 6 - Keypad Pin 1 (White)
- Arduino Pin 5 - Keypad Pin 7 (Green)
- Arduino Pin 4 - Keypad Pin 6 (Orange)
- Arduino Pin 3 - Keypad Pin 5 (Red)
- Arduino Pin 2 - Keypad Pin 4 (Yellow)
Step 4: Arduino Code
Download & import the MRFC Library and the Keypad Library.
The SPI library is already present in your Arduino Software.
Download the sketch & upload it to your Arduino.
Arduino Code and library's also available at:
Step 5: Endresult
You have now created your own Acces Control System!
Watch the video for the result :)
Other arduino projects on my website!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
hello, I need help, can you change the code so that the RFID and keypad can open access independently of each other?
To be accessed only by either a card or a pincode.