Livebots is a project I'm working on which consists of an easy to use website for all the robots that people can interact with through the internet.
As an example I will be using a simple Arduino UNO with a LED connected to an Raspberry Pi to show you the concept, but of course you can use anything that can be receive messages by the serial port and any computer you would like.
Here is it:
And here is another example:
Step 1: Program the arduino
Feel free to adapt it to your own needs.
Step 2: Add the robot to the Livebots website
Click Add a Robot and upload your bot's picture (http://livebots.cc/Upload/1).
Then you can add your robot information that will appear on the robot's page.
Step 3: Install PySerial
1. Download and click open: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyserial/
2. Unzip and untar the files
3. Install pySerial. On a terminal window, navigate to the folder where you have the files and run the following command:
sudo python setup.py install
For more info on how to do this on raspberry pi go here:
PS: If you're on Windows make sure you have python installed: http://www.python.org/getit/windows/ (Thanks msandersmay10 for pointing this out!)
Step 4: Get Livebots python class
In order to use it to control your own robot just follow this steps:
1. Download livebots.py from the repository and save it somewhere convenient
2. Open the terminal window and navigate to the folder where you saved the class
3. Run python:
4. Import the library:
>>>from livebots import *
5. Create the livebot (Enter the Livebot number on the first field and the serial port name on the second):