Introduction: Creating Holes
In this project you will learn how to remove material from another shape using the hole feature.
Step 1: Creating Holes
It's time to create some holes, so let's get started!
- Drag a blue Polygon shape to the workplane and place it in the area outlined in orange.
Hint: You may need to scroll down the shapes list to find the Hexagonal Prism shape.
- Did you know you can change any shape into a hole tool? Yep, you sure can!
Select the Polygon, by left clicking it, then select the Hole option in the Inspector window in the near upper right corner of the editor window.
Continue to the next step.
Step 2: Group the Shapes
You are almost done!
Now you have both your shapes, but you need to group them to remove the hole material.
- Select both objects by pressing and holding the Shift button, then click on each shape with your left mouse button.
- Group them together by clicking the "Group" button in the toolbar menu.
Hint: If the Group was successful, you will see a Polygon shape has been removed from the grey wrench.
- Continue to the next step.
Step 3: Congratulations!
You did it!
Now you can make holes to remove material from your designs.