In this instructable I will demonstrate how to build your own accompanying Base-Station.
Step 1: Parts.
Initially the Base-Station featured;
- Aluminium Flight Case (Large).
- 12" IBM LCD & Touch Screen.
- Sejin SPR-8695TU Keyboard & Trackball.
- 7-Port USB Hub.
- 32-Pin Aircraft Plug & Socket.
- 12v to 5v DC DC Converter.
- 3mm Birch Plywood.
- Bulgin USB Buccaneer.
- Bulgin Ethernet Buccaneer.
- Panel Mount USB Extension.
- DC Jack.
- Panel Mount Fuse Holder.
There are no batteries inside the Base-Station. Power is supplied from either a 12v car battery, or a 12v PSU.
Several months ago I built the LapPi, a Raspberry Pi Laptop. There are many similarities between the two. It is worth noting that although the LapPi was published first, work on the Base-Station had began well before the LapPi's completion.