The following are written instructions that will highlight important steps.
A video tutorial is also provided below. The video portion is more in depth and can clarify any questions or confusion that may arise.
Step 1: Getting Started
1. Open Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.
2. Under the “Popular Publication Types” page, click on the “Brochures” folder.
3. Under the “Brochures” heading, click on the (1.1) “Blank Sizes” link.
4. Click on the brochure layout you want to use.
NOTE: For these instructions, we’re using the blank (1.2) Letter (Landscape) 11in x 8.5in” layout.
5. Look for the “Business Information ” box on the right of the screen. Click on (1.3) “Create New” in the scroll box.
6. Click on the (2.1) Add Logo” link and choose the picture you want to use for your logo and click the “Insert” box.7. In the (2.2) “Business Information Set Name ” box, enter the name you will save the information under. Click “Save” (the box will close). At the bottom right-hand corner, click on “Create .”
Step 2: Set Up
1. Click on the “arrange ” tab on the toolbar above.
2. On the dropdown menu, select (1) “layout guides” and select the (2) “Margin Guides” tab and choose desired margin spacing.
3. Choose the desired margin spacing under the (3) “grid guides” tab and select the number of columns by clicking on the up arrow.
NOTE: We are using 3 columns and have lowered the margin spacing to 0”.
4. Choose the amount of spacing between columns. And click “OK” when finished.
NOTE: We are using .2” spacing.
Step 3: Background
1. Click on the “format” tab on the toolbar and select “background” in the drop down menu.
2. On the left side of the page, under the “background” task pane, select desired pre-set background.