Step 2: Required tools
- Welding equipment: Gude Inverter GC 100 PM (art nr 20056)
- On the lower settings (below 40 amps) since the iron used is very thin.
- Slag removal tool and brush (see above)
- 2mm electrodes
- Welding clothing: welding cap, apron, gloves, shoes, etc
- Welding table (pref in a workplace or outdoors)
- Rare Earth magnet (about 5 centimeter) to hold things together
- Grip plier
- Assorted clamps you have anyway in case you need them
- Extra metal for heat distribution
Grinding and polishing
- Power grinder: Black & Decker KG915, Type 2. 10.000 rotations per minute, 115 millimeter blades.
- Small grinder / brusher: Dremel multipro. 10.000 to 33.000 rotations per minute. Model 395.
- File: bahco 100-08-1
- Vice: paramo hi-duty vice #2 (or similar)
- Hacksaw: Bahco 320
- Safety glasses
Enough lighting and workspace. Also a clear mind and energy.