Introduction: Creating a Custom Latch Hook Pattern in Gimp
This uses GIMP software to make a latch hook rug pattern out of digital picture.
- Rescale the image so that each pixel represents a single thread. Image > scale image
- Adjust the number of colors. Image > mode >indexed >generate custom palette Try different numbers of colors. Undo via control z to try a different number of colors
- Convert image back to rgb Image >mode>RGB
- Create 10px by 10 px patterns export as .pat files. Make sure they are accessible (see video)
- Scale image by factor of ten with interpolation set to none.
- Resize image so there is room for a key
- Add two layers label them temp and pattern
- bucket fill temp layer with custom pattern
- go to image layer Shift +o to select color move to temp layer copy move to pattern layer paste
- delete everything on the temp layer
- repeat steps 9-11 until pattern layer is complete
- Add marking grid Filter>render>pattern>grid. I suggest matching the blue lines on your canvas so it is easy to count.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.